Shoulder & Neck Pain
When it comes to living with Neck and Shoulder Pain that affects your daily lives at the office, at home, and in your workouts, everyone we see wants to know
"Why is this happening to me?"
"Why am I still suffering with neck and shoulder pain after putting up with it for 6 months - sometimes more?"...
Most People think that when they get Neck and Shoulder Pain, that it's just going to go away on its own. They think that they'll wake up one morning and their pain will be gone and like "magic", it'll be as if it never happened. But then 2 weeks, 2 months and maybe even 6 months later, you're still at work suffering with neck pain, modifying lifts at the gym because of neck and shoulder, and still waking up in the night because of it.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we hear a lot at our clinic is when people go to their Doctors, and their Doctor tells them to "try these painkillers" to "see how it goes" and "come back in 6 weeks if it's no better" - but then 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the same Doctor again because it hasn't gotten any better, only to be offered ANOTHER prescription of even stronger pills.
This sequence often times goes along with being referred to get an unneeded x-ray or MRI, which could take days or weeks to get the results - then the next step is either painkillers, cortisone, rest, surgery, or referred to a high volume physical therapy clinic.
Has This Ever Happened To You?
Maybe you are confused because you've been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think a few massages can ease your neck or shoulder pain or that since your chiropractor cracks your neck, he or she is the right person to fix this problem. - yet you've been going consistently and you can't feel the results or they don't last.
Maybe you think it's a neck problem - but it's actually your shoulder where the problem is. It's a very confusing part of the body to work out where the body is and because of this confusion - this often leads people to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what do do to really help fix their neck and shoulder pain, Worse, many people just end up accepting it as "part of life" - as if it's normal, or they end up making a decision to get temporary and short lived relief.
Is That How You Feel Too?
If You're Currently Living With Shoulder and Neck Pain, Here's 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it's own with rest - but it's still tormenting you at night, at work, and in your active life
2. You went to a doctor who just told you to rest and take pain pills - but the pills did nothing to help, all they did was 'mask' the pain - and as soon as they wore off the pain stopped you in your tracks again
3. A family member or friend told you that everybody gets shoulder and neck pain as they get older, so you just accept it - especially if you're a desk worker...
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, a chiro, or a physical therapist, but nothing they said or did seemed to help.
5. You tried things like heat pads and TENS but they've done nothing to help make the pain better
6. You thought it was "soreness" from the workout and thought pushing through it was the right thing to do, but soreness turned into pain that never really went away
7. You've decided to get a few "massages" hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn't do anything to fix it long term...
If any of these happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call with our Sports Medicine Doctors in St. Petersburg to find out what can be done to help you.
The fact that you've given these things a shot, or even some of them, is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn't work - you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with our physical therapist or osteopathic physician if you would like to get some solid advice give to you over the phone by one of our doctors. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best!
"What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Neck/Shoulder Pain Quickly?"...
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help: So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that neck and shoulder pain will 'just go away with time', but then 6 months down the line it's still wreaking havoc on there personal and business lives.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises: One of the best things to correct your neck/shoulder pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon.
3. Avoid sitting in sleeping in awkward positions: Ever woken up with a painful neck? Or, after a long day spent sitting at work, you feel tightness and pain in your shoulders? That's because one of the worst things you can do that adds to neck and shoulder pain is sitting with bad posture, moving with bad posture, and sleeping in awkward positions. It would really help if you were given appropriate exercises to improve posture, alongside effective hands-on treatment, and treatments to promote healing to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, "hands-on" Sports Medicine: Physical therapy and non-operative treatments like prolotherapy, and PRP along with things like dry needling and manipulation is proven to help people with neck and shoulder pain. In fact, at Alliance Regen & Rehab it's one of the most common injuries we see. If your shoulders and neck are affecting your job, ability to keep active, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family or friends - these options can help you get back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how a osteopathic physician and physical therapist at Alliance Regen & Rehab can help you live with zero neck/shoulder pain again - we invite you to start with free strategy call to determine the best option for you!
So the next question is:
"How Can Choosing to See A Specialist at Alliance Regen & Rehab Help You Get Rid of Your Shoulder and Neck Pain?"
Here's just a few of the things our team at Alliance can do for you:
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your neck and shoulder pain once and for all - often inside 30 minutes with an evaluation and Diagnostic Ultrasound Imaging Scan.
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful nights sleep and productivity at work - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day.
We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises and guidance that will speed up your recovery.
- We can help you put an end to taking all of those painkillers that are no good for your health long-term
- We can help you avoid dangerous neck or shoulder surgery
- We can help you to never have to wait 20-30 minutes in the waiting room
We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that neck and shoulder pain has stolen from you.
We can help reduce stress by reliving that tension that weighs you down
We can help you return to the gym, to productive work days, and sleeping without trying to find a position that feels right
- We'll never tell you to stop being active or tell you "just give it up" but instead we'll advocate and empower you to keep going as appropriate!
Basically, we can help you get back to living life from daily, annoying, and chronic neck and shoulder pain.
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have at our non-surgical sports medicine clinic in St. Petersburg, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
These Clients Just Like You Started With a Simple Call To Our Team... Look How They Are Doing Now
From Unable to Walk or Run to Running and Biking in Just a Couple of Weeks
I highly recommend Dr. Brian Broussard and Alliance Regen and Rehab.
I was recommended to Dr. Brian Broussard from a physician in Washington DC that I had been seeing for a shoulder injury. Dr. Broussard took the time to evaluate my injury, walk me through a number of exercises, test my mobility and strength and perform dry needling to the affected area. To say he was thorough, thoughtful in his approach, and pushed me to try more, is an understatement. After 6 weeks of work with Dr. Broussard I was 100% and back to performing at the level that I had hoped for.
From a Mom Sidelined at The CrossFit Box, to a Feeling Confident Squatting & Playing with Her Kids Pain-Free
Dr. John Broussard is a great doctor and his Brian is a great physical therapist. I have had the pleasure of working with them both in VA and now in sunny St. Petersburg, FL. I recently saw Dr. Broussard for a shoulder injury that has been ongoing for 4 months and a bike accident that occured a month ago and he treated me with PRP and Prolo. Since then I have been able to get mobility back in my shoulder without it hurting and also my hip has finally healed up. I was recommended to Brian for some PT exercises to do at home. The two brothers are amazing and have been very helpful in getting me out of pain without surgery to be able to do Crossfit and also run again with no pain.
From Almost Missing His Half Marathon To Running the First of Many Successfully
I have trouble with my shoulders. After having MRI’s on both shoulders that came back as stress fractures on left shoulder and partial tear on right shoulder the doctors wanted to do a surgery on the right and just told me “to stay off of the left shoulder so the bone can heal”. I am active (water sports, volleyball, golf...) and to just stay off a shoulder and do a surgery on another seemed a little in encouraging to say the least.
I wanted to get another option or opinion and After hearing about Alliance Rehab and Regen from a friend I decided to go and check them out.
First off I was very happy to hear that I didn’t have to wait 3 weeks to get in to see someone.
Second they did an ultrasound right there and were able to show me where the tear and the fractures were.
Third both Dr. Brian and John Broussard told me that they would be able to get me back in shape in no time without surgery.
After going and seeing them the first time I felt relief from the pain in my shoulders and was able to sleep. I have more range and mobility in my shoulders as well and I have only been to 3 appointments. I’m very optimistic fit the future.