If you're living with bad knees, they're painful or they ache - it's very easy to think that it's "just something that comes with age", it's a bit of "wear and tear", or that it's nothing and it'll go away on it's own.
You can't quite point your finger on why you're feeling pain in your knees - but it doesn't seem to be getting any better.
If that's happening to you, you're not alone - we hear this type of thing all the time in our gym-goer's, runners, golfers, and busy moms and dads. In fact, Knee Pain is one of THE most common problems that we see in our Sports Medicine Clinic.
And when it comes to living with Knee Pain, everybody we see wants to know the answers to these questions:
"Why is This Happening to Me?" OR, "Why Am I Still Suffering With Knee Pain That Keeps Getting Worse After Putting Up With It For 3-6 Months (Sometimes More?)
Most People think that when they get Knee Pain that it's just going to go away on its own. They think that they'll wake up one morning and their knee pain will "magically" disappear when they walk, squat or work at the office. It would be as if knee pain never really happened...
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we hear a lot at our clinic is when people go to their Doctors, and their well-meaning Doctor tells them to "rest", "try these painkillers" and "come back in 6 weeks if it's no better" - but then 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the same Doctor again because it hasn't gotten any better, only to be offered ANOTHER prescription of even stronger pills, maybe a knee support, or potentially a referral to a "specialist" - meaning, a surgical specialist.
The is never the best advice because none of these things actually treat they cause of the pain for long term benefit!
Has This Ever Happened To You?
Maybe you are confused because you've been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think a few massages can fix your knee pain or that since your chiropractor cracks your neck and back, he or she is the right person to fix this problem. Perhaps you've been told to do 'this exercise' and 'that exercise' to make it better. It's all very confusing to know exactly what to do.
And because of this confusion - this often leads people to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what do do to really help fix their Knee Pain, Worse, many people just end up accepting it as "part of life" - as if it's normal, or they end up making a decision to get temporary and short lived relief.
Is That How You Feel Too?
If You're Currently Living With Knee Pain, Here's 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it's own with rest - but it didn't and it just became more stiff.
2. You went to a doctor who just told you to rest and take pain pills - but the pills did nothing to help, all they did was 'mask' the pain - and as soon as they wore off the knee pain stopped you in your tracks again
3. A family member or friend told you that everybody gets Knee pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals like a chiro, massage therapist, or even a physio, but nothing they said or did seemed to help.
5. You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn't do a thing or made your knee hurt 10 times more.
6. You thought it was "soreness" form the WOD and thought pushing through it was the right thing to do.
7. You've tried using things like Knee supports but they've done nothing to help make the pain any better or significantly help your workouts
If any of these happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call with our Sports Medicine Doctors in St. Petersburg to find out what can be done to help you.
The fact that you've given these things a shot, or even some of them, is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn't work - you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with our physical therapist or osteopathic physician if you would like to get some solid advice give to you over the phone by one of our doctors. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next for the best!
"What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Knee Pain Quickly?"...
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help: So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that Knee pain will 'just go away with time', but then 6 months down the line the swelling and pain has gottten worse
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises: One of the best things to help you ease your Knee pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate your knee even more like some exercises do).
3. Avoid sitting in awkward positions: the truth is, you and I were not designed to sit and be stationary. We're designed to move and be upright. When we sit in awkward positions and knee bent positions, we are placing our knees in un-natural positions - which knees aren't built to be in for long period of time. It would really help if you were given appropriate exercises to improve posture, hands-on treatment, and help condition those knees for variable positions.
4. Get real, "hands-on" Sports Medicine: Physical therapy and non-operative treatments like prolotherapy, and PRP is proven to help people with knee pain. In fact, at Alliance Regen & Rehab it's one of the most common injuries we see. If your Knees are affecting your job, ability to keep active, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family or friends - these two options can help you get back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how a physical therapist or osteopathic physician at Alliance Regen & Rehab can help you live with zero knee pain again - we invite you to start with free strategy call to determine the best option for you!
So the next question is:
"How Can Choosing to See A Specialist at Alliance Regen & Rehab Help You Get Rid of Your Knee Pain - In the Next Few Days?"
Here's just a few of the things our team at Alliance can do for you:
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your Knee pain once and for all - often inside 30 minutes with an evaluation and Diagnostic Ultrasound.
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful nights sleep - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day.
We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery.
- We can help you put an end to taking all of those painkillers that are no good for your health long-term
- We can help you avoid dangerous spinal surgery
- We can help you to never have to wait 20-30 minutes in the waiting room or from making repeat visits only to be given more pills.
We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that knee pain has stolen from you.
We can help you to no longer rely on braces, tapes, or modified workouts.
We can help you return to the gym, to running, and things as simple as stairs without being hesitant because of your knees
- We'll never tell you to stop being active or tell you "just give it up" but instead we'll advocate and empower you to keep going as appropriate!
Basically, we can help you get back to living life from daily, annoying, and chronic knee pain.
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have at our non-surgical sports medicine clinic in St. Petersburg, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
These Clients Just Like You Started With a Simple Call To Our Team... Look How They Are Doing Now
From Unable to Walk or Run to Running and Biking in Just a Couple of Weeks
I highly recommend Alliance for their care. Great atmosphere and great staff. I went at Alliance for my knee pain, and Dr.Brain Broussard took care of me. When I arrived I could barely walk and take the stairs. Already after the first session with Dr.Broussard, I was already seeing a big improvement. He immediately found out what was wrong and gave me appropriate care and exercises to do on my own. I was able to walk and take the stairs without any pain. The next sessions helped me for being able to exercise as I use to ( for example: running and biking).
I am very thankful for their care!
From a Mom Sidelined at The CrossFit Box, to a Feeling Confident Squatting & Playing with Her Kids Pain-Free
Go HERE!!! Don’t hesitate or think twice! Dr. John hands down amazing!! I left knee really really bad again in March...I am a CrossFitter and a mom...I could barley workout, let alone walk and play with my children...I was in SO much pain everyday and my knee was so swollen! It wasn’t until a month later (huge answer to prayer) my best friends told me about Dr. John! I was so desperate for help and to get better since my knee had not improved in over a month! Dr. John spent so much time with me and actually cared! He found a tear in my meniscus omg with lots and lots of fluid....he gave me options what we could do and the last thing I wanted surgery so I decided to try doing the PRP injection! It was hands done the best decision! It was a slower recovery but I was seeing results and improvement within two weeks and every week my knee was getting better! I started back fully at CrossFit in July and could barely squat BUT now I am able to squat 190 pounds below Parallel! I can run, jump and so much more and my left knee doesn’t hurt anymore! Dr. John is truly amazing and he is gifted and my life has forever been changed! I’m able to be back to doing what I love because of him and I’m able to be back to the active wife and mom that I was and not be in pain every day!
From Almost Missing His Half Marathon To Running the First of Many Successfully
I had been running for about eight months experiencing on and off knee pain in my left knee. When I began a half-marathon training program my knee pain increased as the intensity of my training increased, and I felt like my completion of the training program and half-marathon race were at risk. I met Dr. Brian Broussard when he spoke before one of our training sessions and made an appointment with him, after he followed-up with me. I signed up for his ten-session package, and immediately noticed results. Working with Brian was beneficial for my health and training as he initially conducted in-depth consultation and analysis of me and my form to pinpoint the areas I needed to strengthen and improve to not only fix my knee pain, but make me a faster and more efficient runner overall. Brian was focused on my upcoming half-marathon and was very in-tune with my training and helping me improve pain free as my training intensity increased. I was able to complete my training program and half-marathon successfully thanks to Brian, and came away with the knowledge of the types of training and exercises I can continue to incorporate to prevent injury and improve my form. Working with Brian was well worth the investment, and I recommend him to anyone who doesn’t want to accept pain as a part of training and competing.