It's very common and easy to think that back pain is nothing, that it will go away on its own. It's also common to blame it on things like "sleeping awkwardly", just a "spasm", or something that "everyone" goes through at some point. Maybe you chalk it up to just "sleeping awkwardly."
There's no obvious reason why it happened, but it's there and it doesn't seem to be changing.
If this is happening to you and it's affecting your workouts, your golf game, or your work-life, you're definitely not alone. We hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, Back Pain, S.I. Joint Pain, and Sciatica is THE most common problem that we see in our clinic. When it comes to living with back pain, everybody we see wants to know...
"Why is This Happening to Me?" OR, "Why Am I Still Suffering With Back Pain After Putting Up With It For 3-6 Months (Sometimes More?)
Most People think that when they get Back Pain that it's just going to go away on its own.
They think that they'll wake up one morning and squatting with pain or their back pain at work will just disappear like "magic." It would be as if back pain never really happened... But then 6 months later you're still living with back pain - often even worse than it was when it started. And we all know how quickly the days turn into weeks and months.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we hear a lot at our clinic is when people go to the orthopedic surgeon, primary care, or other Doctor and they get told "try these painkillers" and "see how it goes."
The is never the best advice and often 4 weeks later they end up going back to the Doctor because it hasn't gotten any better. What's next? They may be offered a cortisone injection for their pain, which may help briefly (a week to a couple of months) but does nothing to fix the injury or treat the cause of the pain. Or they get prescribed stronger pills, advised for MORE rest, or in the worst scenario.... they get told "you'll never be able to ___ again."
Has This Ever Happened To You?
Why else does back pain last longer than it should? Confusion and information overload. It's easy to get confused with what to do or what is going on because you've been told too many things by a number of a different people. There's people out there who are happy and eager to provide advice - but a lot of it is rarely credible and not expert advice.
Maybe you think your back pain was caused by doing something - like squatting heavy or with bad form - but really it was caused by years of poor posture, poor choices, and poor movement patterns. And the lifting heavy weight, increase in mileage, or hitting an increased number of golf balls was just the last straw.
If you aren't sure what you're doing - back pain can be very confusing. Because of this, many people just accept it as 'part of life' or they internalize it and it becomes a part of them emotionally and psychologically.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If You're Currently Living With Back Pain, Here's 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it's own with rest - but it didn't and it just became more stiff.
2. You went to a doctor who just told you to rest and take pain pills - but the pills did nothing to help your back, and as soon as they wore off, chronic back pain was lurking to strike again.
3. A family member or friend told you that everybody gets Back pain as they get older, so you just accepted it.
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, but nothing they said or did seemed to help.
5. You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn't do a thing or made your back hurt 10 times more.
6. You thought it was "soreness" form the WOD and thought pushing through it was the right thing to do.
7. You decided to get a few "massages" hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn't do anything to fix it long term.
If any of these happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call with our low back pain specialist to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you've given these things a shot, or even some of them, is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn't work - you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a call with us if you would like to get some solid advice give to you over the phone by one of our doctors. The phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next - for the best!
"What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Back Pain Quickly?"...
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help: So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that Back pain will 'just go away with time', but then 6 months down the line they're still putting up with it, and nothings changed.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises: One of the best things to help you ease your Back pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate your back even more like some exercises do).
3. Avoid prolonged sitting periods of rest: Ever tried to get up from the sofa after resting for a while, but you struggle because your back feels so painful and tight? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to Back pain is rest, and sit for long periods of time. Too much rest, and sitting in awkward positions makes your back stiff and tight. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, "hands-on" Physical Therapy or Osteopathic Manual Therapy: Physical Therapy and Osteopathic Manipulation is proven to help people with low-back pain. In fact, at Alliance Regen & Rehab it's one of the most common injuries we see. If your back is affecting your job, ability to keep active, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family or friends - these two options can help you get back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how a physical therapist or osteopathic physician at Alliance Regen & Rehab can help you live with less Back pain - we invite you to start with free strategy call to determine the best option for you!
So the next question is:
"How Can Choosing to See A Specialist at Alliance Regen & Rehab Help You Get Rid of Your Back Pain - In the Next Few Days?"
Here's just a few of the things our team at Alliance can do for you:
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your Back pain once and for all - often inside 20 minutes with an evaluation and Diagnostic Ultrasound when needed.
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful nights sleep - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day.
We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery.
- We can help you put an end to taking all of those painkillers that are no good for your health long-term
- We can help you avoid dangerous spinal surgery - and painful injections
- We can help you to never have to wait 20-30 minutes in the waiting room or from making repeat visits only to be given more pills.
We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that back pain has stolen from you.
We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right
We can help you return to the golf course and gym without being hesitant because of your back.
- We'll never tell you to stop being active or tell you "just give it up" but instead we'll advocate and empower you to keep going as appropriate!
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of chronic back pain.
If you want to know what it costs - and what availability we have at non-surgical sports medicine clinic in St. Petersburg, then please just click the button below and complete the short form:
These Clients Just Like You Started With a Simple Call To Our Team... Look How They Are Doing Now
From Tight and Painful Back To doing CrossFit and Working Pain Free
I had the opportunity to have my back pain and stiffness relieved at the Valor games (CrossFit Competition) by Brian and John. I’m an ICU Nurse and work nights and am very active in CrossFit. My back can get get pretty tight and I can build up some pretty gnarly knots. These guys took care that no problem with cupping, active stretching, and chiropractic work.
I felt ten times looser afterwards, and even a week after still feel pretty great! I would recommend them for anyone with any type of musculoskeletal issue, they know what their doing!
From Hesitant Mom With Back Pain to Confident and Active Mom without Pain
My primary care physician recommended Dr. John Broussard to help with my lower back pain (mostly left sided). I was nervous prior to and during my first visit with Dr. Broussard because I didn’t know what to expect. He was very attentive and answered ALL of my questions. He listened to my concerns especially about laying down on my stomach for treatment because any time on my stomach over 10 minutes usually causes pain in my lower back. He allowed me to give suggestions on what would be the best position for me during treatment. Dr. Broussard told me everything he was doing during the treatment. Most importantly, Dr. Broussard makes you feel like you are the only person who matters when you are in an appointment with him. He takes his time. He doesn’t give you false hope and he shares what the best treatment plan is for you. He is truly dedicated to his patients!
Collegiate Golfer with Back Injury in the Gym to Back Golfing and Competing As a Professional Golfer
I was referred to Brian after a lower back injury in the gym. When I first came in, I could hardly walk and was in serious pain. Brian did a full assessment, explained my problem and laid out a game plan to fix it. We started with a lot of soft tissue work and stretching to loosen up the muscles. Once the pain started to go away, we focused on exercises to strengthen the back and the surrounding muscle groups. 3-4 weeks after starting with Brian, I was playing golf again and competing without pain. My experience with Brian far exceeded my expectations and was absolutely worth the investment. Brian is extremely thorough with his approach to rehab and training, and is great at personalizing a program specific to your needs. After this rehab experience, I will continue to work with Brian to prevent further injuries and improve my golf game overall. If you have an injury or just want improve your golf training, Brian is your man.